Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday, Taxes, and Fish Berry Jam

Sunday started out well.  It would take more than taxes to keep me from having my Sunday ritual.  I rose at sunup, put the coffee on and walked to the corner store for my Sunday paper (the knee is healing nicely).  I could smell the coffee from the street before I opened the door.

I like to half listen/ half watch GMA, Today and CBS Sunday Morning.  The beauty of having a small TV is I can turn it toward the balcony door and watch from my aerie to accompaniment of nature waking

But the taxes were an ominous cloud on an otherwise perfect day.  I sat and cranked up the computer, only to have the printer fail with the first document.  No time to diddle with the thing – I called then went to WalMart to get another one ($38), and back to work.  What a pain.

I turned the TV toward my office, put on the first movie “Independence Day”, opened a bottle of champagne after the last of the coffee was gone, mixed it with OJ and lots of ice.  That was around noon.  Several movies later, (Sleepless in Seattle, Tomb Raider, ST Insurrection…) and a lunch of cheese and crackers chased by watered down mimosas, I am finished.

I just printed the last of the forms and neatly done.  Thanks to Joyce at HR Block, who although too busy to do it for me gave me some pointers and advice that will hopefully save me from audit..

If it doesn’t, such is life.  I’ll cross that bridge if I must.  For now, I’m pouring myself a glass of straight champagne and dinner will be more crackers slathered with butter and piled high with ‘fish berry jam’.


No comments: