Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Write a Novel in 30 days...

Fifty thousand words
written in thirty days time
pen at the ready.

The National Novel Writing Month site went live earlier today.  I'm registered, of course.  

Call us masochists, writers have that streak, but every year at 12:01 a.m. November first we log on by the thousands and commit to write our 'great American novel' or at least 50,000 words towards that end.

It's an amazing challenge, and very many of us get through and beyond 50,000 words.  Some continue to edit after November 30, and a rare few persist and actually find their way to a published book.  

Those few inspire the rest of us, to come back each year with fresh ideas and go at it all over again.  Hope springs eternal.

50,000 words in 30 days; that's  1667 words a day.  It's doable folks. I intend to use 30 days of my countdown for my nanowrimo novel.  

NanoWriMo.org
Excerpt of my 2011 Novel

No comments: