Monday, December 2, 2013

Yes, You Can Publish from Your Journal

For me, my journal is the running memoir of my life, my confidant, Wailing Wall, canvas for creative thoughts, and so much more.  Most of the essays, remembrances and poems that I’ve published sprang almost full blown from the pages of my daily journal.

I belong to a few writers’ groups; have many writer friends and acquaintances; and whenever I say,
“Oh that piece.  It’s from my journal.”  I’ve been answering the questions for years and recently a friend encouraged to put it in a e-book.  Publishing has changed and anyone (for good or ill) can publish to Amazon’s Kindle platform for free.

Writing How to Journal and How to Publish from your Journal was the easy part.  I’ve been journaling more and more with an eye toward publishing. 

Formatting the book to upload to Amazon was the stumbling block for me.  Fortunately, I found an easy and inexpensive software (The Ultimate EBook Creator) with great tutorials and I was off, and I found a great tutorial by a published author on how to create great book covers using PowerPoint. 

Here it is:

Amazon is running a 7-day promo on it starting at 99¢ for the next 15 hours and rising in $1 increments back to the original sale price of $9.99.  

I’m hoping at 99¢, some more folks will check it out and give me some feedback.




No comments: