Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I'm ready to dust off a few dreams


100_1484dreams ride the wind through
windows I’ve thrown wide open
no pillow needed


I feel that time is running out and it's now or never to dust off a few dreams and follow them.

So, I turned in my notice today.  I'm retiring from the day job come  March 30.

I only go in 4 days a week, but it's a stressful 4 days for me now.  Maybe it's age, but I think it's more than that.  I feel caged in - It's like spring fever, but for a whole year now

Whatever the reason, it's the job not my coworkers.  They're good, sweet, ethical, hardworking folks.  It is I.  I have to move on for me and for no other reason.

100_1490My entitlement (and I am entitled to it) is more than enough to cover monthly bills. My income from all my sidelines will be gravy.



I used to sell my art regularly.  Having lost everything in the fire, though, I've had to buy supplies and start from scratch.  I've started on a series of colored pieces for now in various media.  I'll need at least 3 or 4 to pitch to galleries and a least a dozen to hang a show.

I'm working at various income streams. Beyond the e-books, the first of which will launch end of this month, there's my painting and freelance work.
 

No comments: