Monday, March 1, 2010

My To-Do List is Too Long



I think sometimes that I spread myself too thin. It was a glorious sun shiny day, and I spent most of in the studio painting.  I have three paintings due to the gallery by Tuesday; a poem submission to shine for Wednesday; poetry contest due mid March and I haven’t even begun; haven’t posted the Blog regularly at all and that was on my to-do list; and I really need to finish the final edit of my novel; etc.


The art and poems are quick money; the novel is long range. The paintings are coming along.  Here are some rough shots in vitro.

Getting a novel published is a lengthy process.  I just want it off my desk and onto someone else’s, so I can move on to other things.  I’ve posted excerpts here, if anyone is interested.  Appreciate any constructive critique, as I don’t have a writer’s group at the moment.


I’m posting this then hitting the sack, as it’s after 1 a.m., and I need to get up and walk by 5 or 6 a.m. to walk my miles, then get back to the studio.  Living in a city as polluted as Birmingham, I have to get my walk in before the ozone lifts. 

Night, night.

No comments: