Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Books that light the way

The challenge to each human is creation. Will you create with reverence, or with neglect? - Gary Zukav

That is a valid question. In my quest to reach escape velocity, I need to understand the life I’m creating and do it with care for the person I am as well as the one I aspire to be.

To do lists are not enough. I’ve taken to re-reading books that open the mind to infinite possibilities and help with drawing my own road map.

Rilke’s Book of Hours, Zukav’s Seat of the Soul, Campbell’s Power of Myth and Heroe’s Journey, Estes' Women Who Run with the Wolves, Cameron's The Artist's Way, Brechnact's Simple Abundance, The Secret and more.

Books hold so many ideas, cosmic thoughts to mull and ponder. Just as each teacher will appear as needed, so will the ideas coalesce and the path clear a little at a time so I can enjoy the journey and not rush to the end too quickly.





No comments: