Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm walking again

9 days to NaNoWriMo.

"Why are there trees I never walk under, but large and melodious thoughts descend upon me?"
     -Walt Whitman - Song of the Open Road

Today is Monday and I'm grateful to be off on Mondays.  I'll have four 3-day weekends in November to write fast and furious to make up for the days I know I might fall short.  I've no doubt I can make it to 50,00 words, but it's hard to keep up momentum after a draining day at work.

That's why I mostly write in the morning after my walk.  Walk - Yes I'm finally back to walking in the mornings.  Not the 5 miles that was my habit, but first 1 then 2 now 3.  I didn't think my knee would ever recover it's previous strength after the meniscus surgery, but I'm back.

That fresh air fix on these newly brisk mornings of early Fall do amazing things for me and my writing.  I carry a small pad and pen in my pocket, because Walt was right - ideas seem to fall from the trees.

No comments: