Sunday, October 21, 2012

NanoWriMo Looms


ready or not, 'tis here
that 10-day panicked home stretch
to NaNoWriMo


Yes, I'm in again.  November is National Novel Writing Month, and I've given it my best shot since 2004. The objective is to finish a decent draft of a novel - 50,000 words in 30 days, 1667 words a day.

I've done it before, I can do it again.  Granted the first 6 years I spent literally rewriting 3 novels from scratch: 1) "The Fall", a 2012 story leading up to and through the prophesied cataclysm of 2012 and how we survive thanks to the the planning of the wiccan community; 2) "Seti's Chronicles", the matriarch of a wiccan family's history of the the aftermath of 2012 and our survival; and 3) "Murder is a Primary Color", fast forward to a future world and witches in the main stream - sort of a 'bewitched meets Sam Spade wanna be police detective and solve supernatural and other crimes.

The temptation is there to pull one of the old faithfuls out again, but not this time.  I'm going to upload those to Amazon and put them on sale for $2.99 - NY didn't want them, but who knows, someone might.

Meantime, I'm racking my brain for new ideas.  A few come to mind, but I'll probably decide at the 11th hour.

I write my first drafts by hand, so I'm loading up on my 5x8 Cambridge Limited  black spiral notebooks, and refills for my favorite PC pen.  Transcribing late at night to word, I find adds several hundred extra words and produces a second draft.

I need a title, a topic, something - I'm putting that to my subconscious for the next couple of nights. 




No comments: