In the midst of all things on my November ToDo’s list, I’m still writing my morning pages in my journal - at least 3 handwritten pages. Why?
It’s my creative net to:
- Capture Ideas of the moment to pursue later. The pen is my best memory.
- Give form to my dreams and ponder how to give them wings
- Brainstorm solutions to problems
- Write a poem, or essay or capture a character for later extemporization.
It’s my friend to:
- Give voice to things best kept to myself knowing the confidence will go no further.
- Give thanks for what I have without sounding maudlin.
- Cry over losses, and rejoice of triumphs
- And so much more.
Do you keep a journal?