Tuesday, November 4, 2014

November is a roller coaster of To-Do's


100_2442

November is shaping up to be a roller coaster ride of

To do
To do
To do
          To do.

First off, November means a bunch of holiday open house events and gallery openings, and other parties and I try never to miss a one.  Then there’s Thanksgiving holidays, which in my family is a 4-day marathon of gathering, cooking, eating, etc.

Add to that:

NanoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is always a challenge. In order to write 50,000 words by November 30 I need to write 1667 words per day minimum.
  • Solution: I’m banking words by writing as many words over 2000 as possible on a daily basis, because there will be days I won’t be able to manage more than 500.


BlogHer’s November challenge to post one blog per day for 30 days (NaBloPoMo).
  • Solution: I’m banking blogs, buy writing 2-5 at a time and scheduling them to drop on the appropriate day; cheating and posting NanoNovel excerpts; dashing off a quick haiku or plain poem…


Two poetry contests.  
  • One was due Sunday at midnight, and I got it off @ 6pm that day.  Cross your fingers for me – the prize is $500.  
  • The second one is due November 30 same day as NanoWriMo, so I’ve already started on it in my ‘spare’ time.


Later gators. Tomorrow is my day out with my Mom, soooo I’ve got to write tomorrow’s blog and at least 1667 words on my novel.

What does your November look like?


No comments: