Food for the weekend, or a weekday for that matter, should be easy. What could be easier than a frosty smoothie for breakfast on a hot summer morning. I put a lot of good things into my smoothie, so instead of taking out all the ingredients every time I want a one, I prepare 6 or more at a time, then I can go several days without having to go thru all the assembly.
Breakfast Smoothie premix (store in next to smallest mason jars).
- 1 or 2 scoops favorite protein powder (follow package directions)
- 1 Tbs golden ground flax seed
- 1-2 Tsp ground psyllium husk
- 2 Tbs rolled oats
- 1 Tbs Organic cocoa powder
- 1 scoop MSM (follow package instructions)
- 1/8 Tsp cayenne (I like heat and it’s good for metabolism)
- 1/8 Tsp Turmeric (because it’s good for me)
Make the Smoothie
- 8-12 oz Liquid (I use juice, almond milk or water and sometimes I use yesterday’s coffee)
- 1 container of smoothie premix
- Fruit if desired (I love half banana, figs or blueberries in season)
- 1 tsp of blackstrap molasses (acquired taste – I love the stuff)
- 3 or more ice cubes.
Blend til cubes assimilated – may have to scrape down sides.
This smoothie usually consumed around 7 in the morning, keeps me going til way past noon.
Happy Friday – Off to Art show and lecture this evening at Space One-Eleven.