Monday, December 24, 2007

Let's Get Cookin'

My blogging may be on the light side over the next few days. The family has started converging on Mom’s out in Hoover, a berg of Birmingham. Early afternoon, as she and my sister, Barbara, begin food preparation for the evening meal - we seat 12 family and a few strays at 7 each evening the 24th and 25th. After that it’s just 5 or 7 thru the 1st.

Since we don’t eat until late, I don’t need to be there until 2 or 3. My morning begins at 5 for a walk, then shower, then dress for the day. Breakfast is a protein smoothie and coffee with chocolate soysilk accompanies me to my desk. The hours from 7a.m. until 2 p.m. are mine to write. I am trying to finish a series of essays and filler for submission to various magazines starting the first of the year. Armed with my ‘WritersMarket.com’ subscription, I’ve made lists for queries to major markets for the essays, filler, book reviews, and more. So every morning is nose to grindstone time (Dell Laptop), followed by an afternoon, sharing conversation, a glass of wine and meal preparation with my mom, Barbara, and Billy Joe.







Ed, Tonya, Billy Joe helping themselves at Thanksgiving.

Perle Champion, is a write, artist, and photographer.

No comments: