Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Needing some positive thoughts right now.

Spinners, crazymakers. We all have a name for those people that go around in circles, making more out of every decision, chore, or upcoming life event than it merits.  As if the very act of circling it will somehow get it done sooner, more efficiently, or change its outcome.


Sometimes, we are those people.  We get a thought in our brain, we just can’t shake loose.  We go round and round in circles getting nowhere fast.

I’m usually a cut to the chase kind of person. I get things done while some people are still thinking about it.  I take all the bumps in the rode in stride, going over around or through,  and I just keep moving.
But as this minor knee surgery draws closer, my mind has taken on, well, a mind of its own.  I’m having to rein it in, write down several positive mantras to recite whenever those doom and gloom scenarios rear their ugly heads and try to play with my well-being.

There are times when I wish life came with a remote control, so I could fast-forward to the day after such life events relegating them to one more thing I’ve lived through.

This is one of those times.

--- Thanks to the following authors for help with my mantras and current state of mind:
 Rhonda Byrne (The Magic), ​Joseph Murphy ​(The Power of Your Subconscious Mind), ​and Wayne Dyer's PBS special, ​I Am.
  

No comments: