Sunday, November 4, 2012

Journey to gratitude

 “When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength.  I give thanks for your food and joy of living.  If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself.”
- Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

I read The Secret by Rhonda Byrne and loved it's message.  Recently bought her book The Magic and am embarking on her 28 day magical gratitude journey. 

I read it straight through and it seems like a practice that would do me good at this point in my life.  I've set new goals for the new year and 2013 is a stone's throw from this moment.  I remembered that I kept a 'gratitude journal' (read Simple Abundance by  Sarah Breathnach), but lost it to the fire that destroyed my home on 2/12/11, and I never replaced it or the practice. 

So from The Magic - Today is
Day 1 – Count Your Blessings List 10 – Do every day for 28 days & beyond.
  1. I am truly happy and grateful to have a good paying job working with good people because the income pays for the necessities and more in my life. (Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.)
  2. I am truly grateful for my family because they are loving and supportive of me and my life.   (Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.)
  3. I am truly grateful for my good health because it allows me to be active in the world and not dependent on others. 
    (Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.)
  4. I am truly grateful that I can read because I can be an armchair traveler and voyeur of lives I’d otherwise never know.
    (Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.)
  5. I am very grateful that I can write because I can share ideas and earn income by selling stories, poems and books.
    (Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.)
  6. I am so very grateful for eyes that see because my brief bout with double vision was one of the most scary things I’ve encountered and there is so much beauty I would miss had I not recovered full use of my eyes.  (Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.)
  7. I am grateful for ears that hear because I love music, and conversations with friends, bird’s songs and the wind in trees.
    (Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.)
  8. I am grateful for sturdy legs that can carry me for miles because I love to walk and watch the day wake.  (Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.)
  9. I am grateful for my modest apartment because it is spacious, airy and on the second floor and provides me a private aerie with a view of trees and street below.   (Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.)
  10. I am grateful for the money I earn because it allows me to pay my way in the world.   (Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.)
Tomorrow is Day 2 - Gratitude Rock - already have one.

No comments: