Friday, February 3, 2012

Today is yesterday's tomorrow, Scarlet.

There is so much I haven’t done, but I won’t bore you nor flagellate myself anymore than I already have.  You get the point. Procrastination, is my middle name, Alias or otherwise. Scarlett is famous for saying ‘I’ll think about it tomorrow; tomorrow is another day.’  But today is yesterday’s tomorrow and I’ve squandered far too many today’s to keep on this way. 

Having entered the next 30 years of my life, I can relate to Shakespeare’s as Richard II saying, ‘I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.’ 

I’’ve been spending time like so much loose change, that it’s almost second nature.  It’s got to stop and I’m making a plan I'll try hard not to stray. 
   
I know that my constant companion, alcohol, plays a huge role in all my straying.  But I am hardwired for pleasure, and can’t ever see being a teetotaler (unhealthy in my opinion) so, 

Now what?

No comments: