Sunday, February 12, 2012

Homage to a Friend

I believe in continuity of life. That this world of flesh and blood is but a small part of who we are.  The greater part is a piece, or child if you will, of the universe.  At 4:15 a.m. a year ago today, fire took most of what I owned, but they were just things.  

More importantly, it took  a friend - that  sweet friend named Mark Roberts. I can intellectualize that we'll meet again, but I truly miss him in the here and now.  The picture from his memorial service graces my home office vision board. For a while our once daily conversations will be one-sided.

Homage to a friend.
miles and miles i’ve
come
some walked
many run
alone and not too
and with you i’d walked
but just a few
but there was something
familiar in the pace
my mind recalls that
gentle face
somewhere, somewhen
my friend
we’d walked in step
before
and somewhere, somewhen
we’ll fall in step again
and share a few
miles more

Roses,  Memory of Mark
The Smoke Detector Woke me...
Blue Skies and the Kindness of Strangers

No comments: