Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 1 NaNoWriMo & NaBloPoMo

As I do every year, I'm doing NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), but I'm also going to attempt Blogher.com's NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) which they're running in tandem
with NaNoWriMo.  

Yep, I'm a glutton for punishment.  I should have scheduled last night's Blog to post today then I'd be ahead of this by one day. Sigh. What is it with the month of November, that everyone throws down these writing gauntlets at one of the busiest times of the year?

Looking at my calendar tells me I'm going to have to really punch it to reach 50,000 words and attend all the things I have scheduled.

I have a late Halloween party tonight at Daniel Day and Melody Musik's Gallery. Saturday, I have lunch and shopping with Mom  (it's a weekly all day and into evening thing that she @80 and I @64 both enjoy), so we will probably drop by the 11th Annual Dia de los Muertos Alabama later that day.  
I really want to go in remembrance of a few dead friends.  

The 7th, lunch with mom and later that evening the city of Homewood's holiday open house.  The 14th PepperPlace has it's holiday open house.  I so hope that Magic City Face Art is there again. Getting my face painted is a rare and childish pleasure I look forward to. I was so dissapointed when they were not there last year.

There's more, but the biggest is Thanksgiving of course, when the whole clan gathers at Mom's for 4 days of cooking, eating, catching up. We seat 13 to 14.

Well the manuscript beckons, but it has to be 5 o'clock somewhere, and I'm going to make a beer and/or wine and possibly Vodka  run. Maybe pick up some box food in case I forego the party tonight and decide to eat lean cuisine and get some more words on the page. 

MaƱana







No comments: