Sunday, November 24, 2013

Day 24 3500+ words of 'real writing' & 1 Blog Today NaNo / NaBlo

Day 24 of NaNoWriMo Wordcount 50,300/ NaBloPoMo (24 for 24) 
Sunday is my fun day…, and although I don’t really have any more Dilbertville Manic Mondays in my life, tomorrow begins Thanksgiving’s home stretch prep with all its incumbent chores, and check lists. 
Also, during this NaNoWriMo marathon, I’ve neglected too many other writing and painting objectives on my ToDo list.  Those neglected items stand a better chance of garnering income than the fledgling first draft of a novel I’ve just raced through.  I’m entering my current word count to register my ‘finished/winner status’; printing out a triple spaced copy to let cool off before beginning my red pen editing/rewrite process the week after Thanksgiving; and moving on to the neglected items on my list.  I’ve already taken care of # 1 on my list:
  1. Query one of my Children’s’ picture books to half a dozen agents.  (done)perle with Brie Sabrina cropped
  2. Follow up with the editor at Victoria Magazine to check the scheduling of my essay for their 2014 calendar.  Finalize, photograph and post to Amazon 10 paintings that are in various stages of completion.
  3. Monetize my WordPress Blog.
  4. Contact 10 affiliate markets on my list.
  5. Finish building my website beyond the starter page I threw up a year ago.
And so much more…
Excerpt from Murder is a Primary Color:The Ghost
The sun could not chase away the chill Jade felt.  She shivered again.  The prospect of mind probe with that man was not a happy one.  James was on his phone already calling in the particulars to his captain, asking for permission for a probe and trace implant in case of escape.  It would take at least 24 hours for permission to probe, but the trace implant was an automatic.  He would try to expedite it if he could.  He could only hold Kane for 48 hours without some hard evidence he told her.  "Ghosts can't testify and she doesn't seem to know anything about how this happened.
Jade was walking back to the house, Sabrina draped across her shoulder face forward as she stroked her white fluff of hair just under her chin.  "Not bad old girl, not bad at all." her thoughts went out.
Hmmmmm, Brie purred, what happened to 'old woman'?
"Don't know, old girl, she seems to have left us."
The kitchen staff watched gape-mouthed from the kitchen doorway.  As Jade approached she sent calming thoughts and then stopping at their door, she smiled at them until she received tentative smiles back.  "It's OK she reassured them.  This is my good old girl, Brie.  She won't hurt anyone unless they plan on harming me.  Mr. Kane is under suspicion of wrong doing.  Please go about your business and don't leave the premises in case we need to ask more questions.  Thank you."  She walked past them to the hall and up the stairs to the room where that which was once Mrs. Kane paced.
Jade sat in the chair by the fire and waited, stroked Brie and prepared.  Mrs. Kane walked over and sat in the chair opposite her.  "Did he do it?  Did he kill me?  And how can I be dead?  I'm sitting here, you can see me, hear me, and I don't understand."
"Life has many levels.  Our bodies are just one of many dwelling places for that life.  You are life, some people call it soul and right now, you still have the form of your most recent body.  You never experienced your death, so you still project this form.  Perhaps when we solve your situation, you will let go and grow and assimilate all your lives and choose to be born again.  Perhaps you'll travel the stars awhile and visit the planets, and sing awhile with the universe.  There are many options before you now - in many ways broader than the life of your once corporeal body."
"I want to believe that.  Would you help me?  Right now all I know is, I'm dead and nothing more, and I’m scared"
"Of course, I'll help you.  For now though, I need a little more help from you."
Jade prepared as she faced the ghost of Mrs. Kane.
Mañana y’all.

No comments: