Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on all we have in our lives for which we are grateful. I have so much, and I often reflect on my largess in my Blog.
Thanks John Archibald for asking us what we’re grateful for yesterday on a FaceBook post. His question gave me the idea for posting a gratitude theme on FaceBook and Twitter for the rest of the week.
So although this Blogpost is fresh (I promised 1 new Blogpost a day throughout November), I’ll be reposting some past Blogs of mine and others along with some and famous quotes, as my personal Homage to Thanksgiving. I hope you do the same.
Today, I am grateful that I’m walking 5 miles again on a daily basis – yay. It was a cold wet walk this morning, but I did it. Hindsight is 20/20. I wonder if I should have put up with the occasional swollen and achy knee, but no I had meniscus repair surgery and it’s been a long slow heal; however,
I am Grateful that I had:
- A health insurance policy that covered the entire surgery.
- An excellent surgeon referred to me by a friend.
- An employer that offered sick leave.
- A friend to take me to Brookwood Hospital and drive me home.
- A sturdy constitution that required no drug more potent than aspirin for pain.
I missed my morning ‘constitutional’. There is nothing like walking at the break of day, before the cars’ traffic noise and pollution steal the freshness from the air. I’m back and I am beyond grateful.